Maine Rear-End Accident Attorneys
We will be your legal advocates after you’ve been rear-ended
When a rear-end accident disrupts your life, seeking justice and fair compensation becomes a top priority. Rear-end accidents are one of the most common types of traffic accidents that happen on Maine’s roads. They can happen anywhere, from highways to quiet neighborhood roads. Since they often happen, they tend to be overlooked, but the reality is that rear-end accidents can be just as devastating as other traffic accidents.
They can result in injuries that require extensive medical treatment and leave you facing expenses that seem to quickly stack up. Most rear-end accidents are the fault of the driver from behind who was either distracted, intoxicated, fatigued, or simply driving too fast. However, despite the clear fault of the other driver, recovering the compensation you deserve can be difficult. That’s why you need an experienced Maine rear-end accident lawyer.
Our mission at Romanow Law Group is to ensure that you receive the support needed to get you the compensation you deserve. We believe in holding those responsible for rear-end accidents accountable for their actions. With our personal yet professional approach, we will guide you through every step of the legal process, explaining your rights and options clearly and straightforwardly. We never want you to feel left out or confused.
Causes of rear-end accidents in Maine
Rear-end accidents often cause significant damage and injuries, like whiplash. These accidents happen when the front of one vehicle collides with the back of another vehicle.
Rear-end accidents can be caused by various factors, including:
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are looking down at their phones, eating, or engaging in other distractions may fail to notice the slowing or stopped vehicle ahead.
- Tailgating: Following too closely to the vehicle in front reduces the time the driver has to react. If the leading vehicle suddenly slows down or stops, it increases the likelihood of a rear-end accident.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit or too fast for road conditions makes it harder to stop in time to avoid a collision, especially when the vehicle in front slows down unexpectedly.
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prescription medication can impair a driver’s judgment, coordination, and reaction time, increasing the risk of them hitting the vehicles that come before them.
We know how to build strong cases
Determining who is at fault in a rear-end accident is usually straightforward, as the driver who rear-ends another vehicle is typically considered liable. However, in some cases, liability may not be as clear-cut, and it becomes crucial to gather evidence and establish fault. When our attorneys investigate rear-end accidents, there are specific factors we look for to build strong cases that get results.
- Negligence: To establish liability, it must be shown that the at-fault driver was negligent, meaning they failed to exercise reasonable care and caused the accident. This can include factors such as distracted driving, tailgating, or speeding.
- Rear Driver’s Duty: The rear driver has a legal duty to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front and keep a lookout for any hazards or sudden changes in traffic. Failing to do so can result in a rear-end collision and make the driver liable for the damages.
- Presumption of Fault: In rear-end accident cases, there is a legal presumption that the rear driver is at fault. This presumption arises due to the common understanding that the rear driver should have enough time and distance to avoid colliding with the vehicle ahead.
- Comparative Negligence: While the rear driver is typically assumed to be at fault, the front driver’s actions or negligence can sometimes contribute to the accident. For example, if the front driver abruptly stops without a valid reason or has non-functioning brake lights, it may affect liability.
- Gathering Evidence: Building a strong case requires gathering evidence such as photographs of the accident scene, vehicle damage, skid marks, and obtaining witness statements. Surveillance footage, police reports, and expert testimony can also play a crucial role in establishing liability.
We pursue full compensation for rear-end crashes
Being involved in a rear-end accident can result in various damages, both physical and financial. Consulting with an experienced rear-end accident lawyer can help strengthen your case and ultimately increase the amount of recoverable compensation. The damages you may be able to recover after a rear-end accident include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Maximize your compensation with Romanow Law Group
In the aftermath of a rear-end accident, seeking justice and fair compensation is crucial. Insurance companies often prioritize their bottom line over your well-being, making it crucial to have a skilled legal team on your side. At Romanow Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your rights and helping you navigate the legal process.
You don’t have to face a rear-end accident claim alone. Contact our friendly team at Romanow Law Group today to schedule a no-obligation consultation. We don’t just care about getting another case; we care about your well-being and will listen to your story with compassion and understanding. Together, we will build a strong case that gets results. Contact us today and get a dedicated legal team on your side.