What should I do after my truck accident?
Our Pittsburgh personal injury lawyers explain what to do, step by step
After a truck accident, knowing what to do next can be confusing. You have so many things to worry about. Knowing where to start can be overwhelming. That’s why we want to help. At Romanow Law Group, our experienced Pittsburgh truck accident lawyers can help you every step of the way.
We’re not like other law firms. That’s because we never take anything for granted. We do the work that needs to be done to find the facts that matter. We review accident reports. We track down witnesses, when possible. We consult with accident reconstruction experts, if necessary. Whatever it takes to win, we’re prepared to do. Our approach is simple – aggressive representation that leads to big results.
What to do after a truck accident
After your truck accident, it’s important to take certain steps to protect your rights and build the strongest possible legal case. These steps include:
- Call the police as soon as possible and tell them you’ve been in a truck accident.
- If you’re still at the scene of your accident, ask the police to respond to your accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention. You could have a life-threatening internal injury.
- Get the truck driver’s information, including:
- Phone number
- Driver’s license number
- Insurance information
- Name of trucking company driver works for
- Trucking company’s address and phone number
- Don’t talk to the truck driver at your accident. Simply give them the same information.
- Talk to witnesses and get their full name and phone number so we can talk to them.
- Take photographs of your truck accident.
- Contact your insurance company and tell them you’ve been in an accident.
- Don’t say anything else to your insurance company.
- If the truck driver’s insurance company contacts you, don’t talk to them.
- If the truck driver’s trucking company contacts you, don’t talk to them.
- Contact our law firm as soon as possible. We can help you every step of the way.
Get a truck accident team that demands big results. Contact Romanow Law Group.
Discover what a dedicated Pittsburgh truck accident lawyer can do for you. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation. If you don’t have a car, don’t worry. We offer a free shuttle service to our clients. That way, you can get to important appointments, such as meeting with one of our lawyers or seeing your doctor.