5 Things To Avoid After A Car Accident
Our Pittsburgh personal injury lawyers help you maximize compensation
If you were injured in a Pittsburgh car accident, you deserve financial compensation for the damages you suffered. Insurance companies will try to limit the amount of compensation you deserve, however. That’s why you need an experienced attorney on your side. At Romanow Law Group, our experienced car accident lawyers are ready to help.
The things you do – or don’t do – following a car accident can affect your ability to recover financial compensation. Here are five things to avoid when you’ve been hurt in a car accident:
- No matter what, don’t settle your case before you have finished medical treatment or know your complete medical diagnosis and options. Don’t grow impatient. Injuries from traumatic events are often not diagnosed until all minimally invasive treatments have been exhausted. If you are a surgical candidate but settled your case after only three visits to a chiropractor, it is impossible to go back and ask for more money.
- Don’t tough through it. If there is a part of your body that hurts, and you attribute that pain to the accident, make sure to tell your treating physician. Pain complaints that you tell your doctor about are documented in the medical records. Pain complaints that are absent from the medical records are difficult to prove.
- Don’t miss medical appointments or fail to get treatment. There is no good excuse for not getting necessary medical treatment. If you don’t have medical insurance, there are options still available to get the treatment you need. Many medical providers will treat you on a lien basis. In some instances, medical treatment may be available through various state-run facilities or charities.
- Don’t retain a law firm that will not or cannot take your case to trial. The insurance companies know what law firms go to trial and what law firms don’t go to trial. Some law firms that don’t go to trial will drop you as a client if you refuse to take what the insurance company initially offers.
- Don’t settle your case for less than it is worth. Attorneys can’t settle cases without the client’s consent. If you believe that your case is worth more than what the insurance company is offering, don’t take the offer. Never let your counsel intimidate you into accepting a bad offer.
Our firm has the experience, legal knowledge and resources to build strong cases that insurance companies must take seriously. Our attorneys aren’t interested in making quick deals with the insurance company that help them save money. We are only interested in a resolution of your case that provides you with the financial compensation you need and deserve.
We can guide you through the legal process every step of the way and are determined to help you get the best possible outcome. Learn more about how we can help during a free consultation with an experienced car accident attorney. Call 1-844-GET-MORE or contact us online to schedule a time that works for you.